A fantastic, high profile opportunity has arisen for a Senior Group Accountant to join the head office team of this fast growing, £350m+ private equity backed global business.
Reporting to the Group Finance Director, the role offers a lot of variety coupled with significant scope for professional development that will suit a qualified, experienced accountant with recent industry experience and seeking the next step up.
The ideal applicant will have strong auditing and accounting knowledge, ideally with experience of IFRS, UK GAAP and multicurrency consolidation. You will be ambitious to progress and relish working in a fast paced, hands on environment where you can quickly add value whilst you learn and develop.
You will be heavily involved in ongoing financial accounting, acquisition and consolidation work as the group grows. Specific projects will range from year end reporting and analysis through to consolidation and subsidiary financial statement preparation. You will also work closely with the Group Financial Accountant, Group Finance Manager and Group FP&A Manager through the audit and accounts process.
• Work in the central accounting team, supporting the completion of the audit and financial statements for a large group,
• Assume ownership of specific areas regarding supporting notes, schedules, reconciliations and proofs,
• Prepare supporting workings for acquisitions completed during the year,
• Working with the Group FD, Group FM and Group Financial Accountant to close the main group audit and financial statements for 2017.
Required knowledge, experience and technical skills
• Degree: 1st or 2.1
• Qualified accountant,ACA preferred, (Top tier or Top 20 firm training) with strong technical skills and a thorough understanding of consolidation.
Some exposure to treasury work woud also be highly beneficial
• Proven group accounting experience in industry, with advanced MS Excel.
• Ability to quickly build strong working relationships with senior business stakeholders.
• Previous audit experience.
• Excellent written communication and presentation skills.
• Science, accounting or economics as first degree.
• SAP Business Objects
• UK GAAP
• CFO, Group Finance Director, Group Finance Manager, Group FP&A manager, Group Financial Accountant, Group MI Manager, Divisional FDs and FCs, investors, funding providers, ratings agencies, auditors and other professional advisers, the Business Development Team and senior business leaders.
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 10 days, your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, please do continue to apply for jobs advertised by Walker Dendle.