A great opportunity to join the leading wholesalers of healthcare products in the UK serving over 17,000 pharmacies, doctors, hospitals and health centres from our 12 Service Centres across the UK providing technical accounting and bookkeeping support to 4 entities. This is a busy role and the successful candidate will need to feel at home in a fast paced, complex, high volume environment.
The role is to deliver monthly financials ensuring correct cost centre allocations, manage sales and purchase ledgers, manage intercompany transactions, manage banking processes and perform reconciliations for four service providing entities. The role is also required to strongly support VAT and Corporation Tax returns and Statutory Accounts preparation. All processes are required to be performed within a robust control environment.
- Accurate and timely completion of month end activities ensuring correct cost centre allocations.
- Raise technical issues with the Financial Accounting team for review, as required.
- Maintaining sales ledgers and raising Head Office Invoices.
- Maintaining purchase ledgers and initiating payments.
- Managing bank postings and bank reconciliations.
- Building a relationship with intercompany parties and managing monthly transactions and closing balances in accordance with intercompany agreements.
- Monthly upload of all intercompany balances and transactions into Cognos Controller, running reconciliation reports and ensuring no mismatches.
- Receiving and settling balances through intercompany or as appropriate.
- Preparing monthly Balance Sheet reconciliation files for the four entities and managing ageing of balances.
- Prepare FRS 101 compliant Financial Statements.
- Deliver information required by auditors in line with agreed timetable.
- Support the preparation of VAT, PSA and Corporation Tax returns.
- Establish and enhance strong systems and processes in line with business needs; facilitating financial analysis and reporting as required. Ensure these are documented and communicated.
- Ad-hoc duties and project work as directed by your Line Manager and Finance Management.
- Work together with the wider Finance team on existing and future projects, with a view to transitioning accounting into SAP.
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified accountant (part-qualified/"QBE" will be considered).
- Current knowledge of IFRS/ UK GAAP.
- Experience working in a complex, multi-entity business.
- Great attention to detail, logical and reasoned approach to problem solving with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to communicate professionally at all levels within the organisation.
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 10 days, your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, please do continue to apply for jobs advertised by Walker Dendle.
Walker Dendle Limited acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Walker Dendle is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the terms available on our website.