Become part of a team delivering ingenious outsourced accounting for ambitious entrepreneurs; this unique role fuses the best elements of working in industry with the best elements of working in practice, so that you have the most fulfilling career possible.
- Managing a team of 8 - 10 members of staff, and you will be actively involved in recruitment and decision making
- You will look after the training and development of more junior team members, including guiding them as they progress through the professional qualifications
- We will look to you to review and propose amended financial controls and processes to enhance the integrity and efficiency of the work we do
- You will review the work of team members before transmission to the client and be accountable for the quality of work
- This will include reviewing VAT returns before submission to HMRC for all practice clients
- And conducting period end reviews and preparation of bespoke reports packs, ensuring that client requirements and reporting deadlines are met
- For some clients there is a need to liaise with third party auditors or other advisors
- You will often be referred to when the team is thinking about how best to account for more complex transactions
The Successful Applicant
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified
- Have very good working knowledge of FRS 102/ UK GAAP
- Someone with experience of managing, training and supporting a team
- Have at least five years’ accounting experience
- You are someone who has experience of managing a portfolio of clients, or group companies/departments, to a tight monthly schedule
- Experience of managing workflows
- You have experience of developing procedures to speed up, or improve the accuracy of management reporting
- Someone with very good communication and client management skills
- Ideally you will have prior experience of Xero, Dext, Fathom, or other cloud accounting tools
- Someone who has workplace experience of a busy group/multi-company industry accounts department, or of the management accounting team in a busy practice
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 10 days, your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, please do continue to apply for jobs advertised by Walker Dendle.
Walker Dendle Limited acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Walker Dendle is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the terms available on our website.