Reporting to the Financial Controller and with significant cost centre exposure, this role will be responsible for the supervision of the Accounts Payable & Expenses function. A hands-on role with full responsibility for the strong financial control, monthly reporting and the supervision and maintenance of the Accounts Payable function and electronic document management system.
The finance team are responsible for all of the accounting and tax reporting for the main UK company. Volumes of invoices and expenses are extremely high, deadlines are tight, and flexibility is required during month end close, payment run days, year-end, and at other times to meet deadlines.
The timely payment of invoices and staff expenses is relied upon by every employee and, as a direct result of so many stakeholders, this is a very high-profile role dealing with members of staff at all levels and all suppliers. The role has two direct reports.
- Management of the supplier invoice cycle
- Management, maintenance and weekly/monthly reporting on Aged Creditors and the status of invoices/expenses in the Document Management system
- Manage the payment runs for supplier invoices, employee expenses & payroll
- Ensure suppliers are paid within agreed payment terms
- Ownership of the external payment reporting requirements
- Ensure employee cash and corporate credit card expenses are in line with policy
- Actively chase and approve key supplier statement reconciliations
- Monitoring the weekly Corporate credit card “delinquent” employees report
You will be:
- Basic accounting qualifications such as AAT or accounting degree
- Self-starter who enjoys working on own initiative
- A very good communicator with the natural ability to liaise with all levels across the group and integrate well as part of a team
- Flexible in approach to working hours, to achieve deadlines
- Someone who can demonstrate good organisation skills and ability to multi task
- Evidence of successful management of a high-volume purchase ledger within a busy finance department demonstrating a “manager” attitude rather than “processor” approach
- Competent with general accounting (including preparation of journals and balance sheet reconciliations)
- Good working knowledge of the VAT rules around invoices and expense claims. Ability to spot problems or VAT issues
- Can clearly demonstrate experience of designing, running and controlling monthly reports to ensure the smooth running of Accounts Payable
- Evidence of ability to work in a fast paced, high volume environment
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 10 days, your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, please do continue to apply for jobs advertised by Walker Dendle.
Walker Dendle Limited acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Walker Dendle is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the terms available on our website.