A brand new opportunity for an ambitious & commercially minded part qualified/finalist to join a growing and acquisitive private equity backed FMCG business. Working in partnership with the Commercial Finance Manager, this is a newly created role and there will be the opportunity to flex and shape this role as the business grows
To work cross functionally with stakeholders, providing reports & supporting analysis with outputs to identify areas of insight & opportunity that help deliver against brand and commercial objectives.
The role will use and bring together various data sets that provide greater understanding on the performance of the client's brands. You will utilise internal sales, market and retailer EPOS data to analyse sales to provide the business with a greater understanding of brand performance including promotional ROI effectiveness to ultimately drive brand profitability and account sales.
Good working knowledge of accounting standards and principles (IFRS), in particular those relating to accounting of sales, trade spend and marketing expenditure.
- Business partnering the Commercial teams (sales and marketing) to improve understanding of their P&Ls, challenge performance and make recommendations to improve sales and margin
- Analysis and review of trade promotional spends, understanding current activities, and required accruals. Working with the Commercial Finance Manager to monitor those accruals and costs arising to ensure accurate trade spend accounting.
- Month-end accounting support particularly around A&P accruals as well as month-end reporting and analysis, ensuring all spends are correctly accounted for.
- Good working knowledge of accounting standards and principles (IFRS), in particular those relating to accounting of sales, trade spend and marketing expenditure.
- Take ownership of promotional evaluation process, ensuring the integrity and robustness of promotional data is maintained
- Support the commercial teams to input robust monthly forecasts as well as the annual Budget
- Improve processes to ensure data and reporting is created and distributed in an efficient manner
- Build strong, collaborative relationships across key stakeholder groups including Marketing, Sales and Finance.
- Ad hoc financial accounting and reporting support to the Finance team as required including audit and statutory reportin
The successful applicant will be:
- Part qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a finance team
- Good working knowledge of accounting standards and principles (IFRS), in particular those relating to accounting of sales, trade spend and marketing expenditure
- Experience working with non-financial stakeholders
- Intermediate/advanced level of Excel is essential
- Good commercial understanding, knowledge of sales and marketing activities and terminology
- Understanding of accruals accounting.
- Experience within a FMCG environment essential
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 10 days, your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, please do continue to apply for jobs advertised by Walker Dendle.
Walker Dendle Limited acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Walker Dendle is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the terms available on our website.