Excellent opportunity to join a genuinely progressive professional firm as Corporate Tax Manager / Assistant Manager to lead and manage multiple tax engagements to deliver quality tax services for our corporate clients. The tax department acts for a variety of clients including corporate groups, partnerships, property developers and the retail sector. This position offers excellent opportunities for leadership and career advancement for the right candidate.
- To manage tax compliance for a portfolio of corporate clients, including developing good relationships, understanding requirements, monitoring actual time incurred on work (work-in-progress) against internal budgets and agreed fees, billing and keeping the client partner aware of status and issues.
- Advisory focussed, leading client assignments
- Dealing with more complex compliance cases (review only)
- Oversee portfolios of more junior staff.
- To identify tax planning opportunities.
- Involved in team management – including flow of work, allocation of resources, prioritising and development.
- Managing risk on Corporate Tax compliance and advisory work.
- Reviewing processes and refining or improving these as necessary.
- Liaising with other areas of the team, principally Audit and Accounts but also Corporate Finance and Forensic Accounting.
- Involved in and implementing tax initiatives
- Develop new business opportunities
- Attending external marketing events and building up contacts
- Presenting at external seminars.
- Part qualified or qualified ACA and/or CTA. Qualified by experience will also be considered.
- Minimum 3 years extensive corporate/business tax experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential together with the ability to form strong client relationships.
- Act as an ambassador for the firm.
- Must have flexible and proactive approach to work with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Strong IT Skills including Excel.
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 10 days, your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, please do continue to apply for jobs advertised by Walker Dendle.