This role will provide finance support and advice to a commercial division, using a consultative approach to develop successful and effective relationships with staff in order to deliver analysis and insight.
- Support the division in budgeting, forecasting and financial planning, assisting in the production process and checking for accuracy and quality
- Develop and champion the use of analysis to support and evaluate business decisions
- Deliver an efficient monthly finance routine to include developing the monthly variance analysis, arranging regular meetings with budget holders and ensuring queries and amendments are dealt with efficiently
- Contribute to and develop divisional performance analysis, including the monthly KPI dashboard
- Perform month/year end processes, including advice on accruals, prepayments and deferred income
- Assist non finance budget holders in understanding management accounts and other reports
- Contribute to the preparation of business cases and predictive models
- Identify and resolve internal control and reporting issues where possible
- Part-qualified accountant or QBE withequivalent relevant experience
- Relevant experience of management accounting/reporting, forecasting, budgeting and analysis
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good influencing skills and confidence in dealing with colleagues at all levels
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with the team and key stakeholders across the business
- Comfortable and skilled in explaining complex financial issues to non-finance staff
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 10 days, your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, please do continue to apply for jobs advertised by Walker Dendle.
Walker Dendle Limited acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Walker Dendle is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the terms available to download on our website.