A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Finance Analyst to join the head office team of this fast growing, £500m turnover private equity backed business, supporting Group projects.
Reporting directly to the Finance Manager (Group Projects), this new role will join and strength an agile, hard-working Group Finance team. The role offers a lot of variety, breadth of exposure and significant scope for personal and professional development. Assisting in the development and management of finance related projects, as well as the preparation of associated financial models.
The ideal applicant will be a top grade analyst who thrives working in a fun, hands on, fast paced, dynamic working environment. You will be confident with financial models and systems, have good attention to detail, project experience and enjoy finding pragmatic solutions, process efficiencies and new insights which can add value to an organisation
This role is seen as fundamental to the future shape of the team and will be involved in a wide variety of projects across the breadth of the business, fully sponsored at the most senior levels.
Reporting directly to the Finance Manager (Group Projects), the successful applicant will work closely with a variety of Group teams, divisional teams, and senior directors, to deliver core Group projects that are driving enhancements and new capabilities across the Group.
- Liaising with stakeholders to prepare financial models for a multitude of projects recent examples include Exit process operating model, remediation of treasury processes, material M&A support, restructuring and capital support
- Work closely with the Finance Manager (Group Projects) to ensure delivery of accurate and insightful reporting and status updates to the CFO, Group FD and other senior stakeholders in a timely, efficient and effective manner on the progress of key projects
- Provide ad-hoc project support to priority group FP&A initiatives (M&A, systems development, scenario modelling, cash flow modelling)
Required knowledge, experience and technical skills
- Qualified accountant (CCAB) or equivalent (CFA)
- Personable, with a strong commitment to team outcomes
- Possessing strong reporting and analytical skills
- Keen to further develop their project management skills
- Confident in advanced MS Excel techniques
- Quick to get up to speed, able to evidence strong problem solving skills
- Able to operate effectively in a dynamic, fast moving and demanding environment
Desirable knowledge, experience and technical skills
- Experience of working in a Finance projects or finance transactions services, strategy or other project based discipline
- Experience of producing financial models / project reporting
- Experience of working with Tableau and/or Adaptive Insights, finance systems and/or engagement with subject matter experts on these systems
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 10 days, your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, please do continue to apply for jobs advertised by Walker Dendle.
Walker Dendle Limited acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Walker Dendle is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the terms available on our website.