Reporting to the Financial Controller and working closely with the Finance Business Partner this role has responsibility for the preparation and consolidation of monthly cost and capex reporting; annual budgets and forecasts and ad hoc analysis for corporate services which has a £50m+ cost base and annual capex of £20m, spanning 49 entities
- To own the process for producing all consolidated monthly reporting pack KPIs and data sets for corporate services for review by FC and Group FD for ultimate presentation to the Board.
- To complete month end close processing including journal preparation and posting
- Support collection and preparation of the budget, quarterly re-forecast and 5 year Strategic Plan
- Working closely with the Finance Business Partner to manage the collection of inputs into monthly management reporting packs
- Ownership of compiling and producing consolidated month end reports for monthly management packs.
- Developing reporting to streamline processes and provide better insight to the Management teams of the function
- Analysing growth drivers and variances to budget / forecast
- Preparation and posting of accounting journals (accruals, provisions, adjustments).
- Assist with the preparation and consolidation / challenge of the quarterly forecasts and annual budget
- Assist with the update of the 3 year strategic plan.
- Assist with governance and financial controls review, implementation and oversight
- Report writing, formatting and testing in SAP Business Objects and Tableau
- Responding to audit requests and supporting finance business partnering (reporting, variance analysis, investment case support, budget and forecast support).
- Ad hoc MI requests as they arise
- The Successful Applicant
Qualified accountant – ACA/ACCA/CIMA
Personable and able to engage well with all levels of the organisation
Completer/finisher who takes pride in a job well done on time
Strong academics and potential to grow within the organisation
Strong IT skills; intermediate to advanced Excel (vlookups, sumif, pivot tables essential)
Experience of working on an ERP system preferred
Experience of working with a Financial MI system (, Business Objects, Tableau) preferred
Experience of implementation/operation of planning tools (e.g. Adaptive planning) preferred
Experience of financial control framework
Strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail critical
Excellent communication skills as contact with various teams both onsite and offsite required
Initiative and aptitude to learn on the job and seek to continuously improve processes and reporting
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 10 days, your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, please do continue to apply for jobs advertised by Walker Dendle.
Walker Dendle Limited acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Walker Dendle is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the terms available on our website.