The Finance Business Partner - Technology is a new position within the Group finance team, designed to support the CIO and other senior global technology stakeholders with all financial support needs. As the organisation's ’s technology function has continued to evolve with the ongoing transformation, more centralised financial discipline is now needed to manage costs, support technology investments, and assist in making strategic financial decisions. This role will work with senior stakeholders in supporting the technology teams in all of the respective countries across Europe, the UK, Australia and New Zealand.
A highly visible and senior post, this role will report directly to the Vice President Finance – Global Technology and Transformation to ensure professional development and leverage of best financial practices across the Group. This role will then report to the CIO on a matrixed basis, supporting the fulfillment of their responsibilities. This role will also work closely with other executive stakeholders including the Chief Technology Officer, Chief Information Security Officer and the Chief Architect. This person will then also work across the finance and technology teams within the relevant countries to implement improved and standardised financial disciplines across the regions.
- Work with the CIO to evaluate, validate and establish annual budgets and periodic re-forecasts for the country technology teams, including all relevant expenses and capital investment
- Support the Chief Technology Officer and other senior stakeholders in the preparation of business cases and ongoing financial control for key global and regional transformation programmes
- Work with and support the Vice President Finance – Global Technology & Transformation in the deployment of global financial standards, policies and best practices
- Work with the Vice President Finance – Global Technology & Transformation and financial leaders across the allocated regions to ensure technology financials are properly represented within the wider context of the business
- Operate as the financial controller across the regional technology teams in ensuring disciplined and compliant financial accounting and reporting
- Develop and maintain monthly financial reporting mechanisms to track costs and capital spending, driving transparency and timely action to manage deviations from the relevant targets
- Proactively identify opportunities for financial efficiency, enhanced internal control or improved deployment of technology services across the organisation
- Work with the relevant stakeholders to develop business cases for technology investments and support the teams in shepherding the approval process
- Work closely with the global, regional and country transformation teams in evaluating the impact of transformational changes and ensuring these impacts are properly reflected in the associated business cases and corresponding regional financial plans
The Successful Applicant
- At least 10 years of progressive professional financial management experience within the large corporate environment
Advanced degrees and certifications are preferrable, but not essential where experience is highly relevant
Well-developed financial management skills to translate the complex dynamics of the business into executive level business cases, analysis and reporting
Strong influencing and stakeholder management capabilities, with the ability to evaluate alternatives and drive decision making based on data and financial fundamentals
Advanced MS Excel skills to build financial models and automated reporting mechanisms, as well as methods to consolidate information where needed across countries
Advanced skills with MS Powerpoint and Word to be able to effectively communicate financial and non-financial information to senior stakeholders
Sound written and verbal communication skills to work effectively across the organisation, including with senior stakeholders at several levels
Fluency in English and another common European language will be critical in communicating effectively
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 10 days, your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, please do continue to apply for jobs advertised by Walker Dendle.
Walker Dendle Limited acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Walker Dendle is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the terms available on our website.