A great opportunity to join the leading wholesalers of healthcare products in the UK serving over 17,000 pharmacies, doctors, hospitals and health centres from our 12 Service Centres across the UK.
Reporting to the General Accounting Manager, the Finance Manager is responsible for delivering accurate financial accounts on a monthly basis including accurate calculation and agreement of inter-company numbers and analysis of results at a trial balance/balance sheet level. Process improvement and development along with controls implementation and strengthening also form key dimensions of this role.
- Carry out month end duties and the production of month end financial information. Complete balance sheet reconciliations and reviews, follow up errors, understand and explain month on month variances.
- To manage and develop the Trainee Accountant through supervision, appraisal, coaching and monitoring.
- Oversee and check calculations for manufacturer rebate claims, provide analysis, and support query resolution.
- Monitor rebate claims and work with commercial teams and manufacturers to ensure payment on time.
- Support the General Accounting Manager in improving discipline and strengthening the controls in the business – both finance and non-finance.
- Raise technical issues with the Financial Accounting team for review, as required.
- Establish and enhance strong systems and processes in line with business needs; facilitating financial analysis and reporting as required.
- Oversee the VAT returns, input into, and review of, the corporation tax returns and statutory accounts.
- Support the General Accounting Manager audit queries.
The Successful Applicant
- Accountancy qualification (CIMA, ACA, ACCA) - newly or nearly qualified
- Relevant technical knowledge of UK GAAP and FRS101
- A good range of financial skills with a particular emphasis on delivering accurate financial accounts within a time pressured environment
- Attention to detail and quickly joining up links between different pieces of information
- Ability to identify and implement process improvements
- Strong communication skills; both, within own functional department and externally with non-finance staff
- Experience of management and development of trainee accountants
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 10 days, your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, please do continue to apply for jobs advertised by Walker Dendle.
Walker Dendle Limited acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Walker Dendle is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the terms available on our website.