Supporting the Finance Manager during a time of change and automation, the main responsibility of this job is to ensure that weekly and monthly routines are processed according to month end deadlines and that information is validated through robust reconciliation processes. Furthermore this role offers support in the compilation of month end reports, quarterly VAT returns and the preparation of the half year and annual audit.
- Weekly import of Treasury Management transactions to Oracle in line with timetable deadlines, verification that both systems align, liaising with the Treasury team to resolve and import any reconciling items, notifying the Cash Accountant once this task has been completed.
- Monthly import of Treasury Management transactions to Oracle in line with timetable deadlines, verification that both systems align, liaising with the Treasury team to resolve and import any reconciling items.
- Monthly submission of inter-company statement to business units and act as first point of contact for queries.
- Monthly processing of recharge invoices including settlement via Co Process and associated journals. Updating accruals and prepayment schedules in preparation of month end journals.
- Running of monthly Oracle routines in line with month end deadlines this includes fixed asset depreciation, revaluation journals, the opening and closing of the ledger and associated sub-ledgers.
- Monthly import of Treasury Management reversing transactions to Oracle in line with timetable deadlines.
- Monthly processing of reversing journals following month end completion.
- Support in the compilation of the monthly corporation tax calculation and quarterly VAT return.
- Support in preparation of the half year and annual audit.
- Support in the compilation of the monthly flash reports and reporting packs for the Holding and Subsidiary companies with lower level of activities and wider support in particular relating to inter-company balances.
AAT qualified and studying towards a further accounting qualification (CIMA, ACCA or ACA) preferred.
Confident in double entry book keeping.
Experience in multi currency transactions
Good understanding and experience of inter-company trade
Advanced Excel and Word skills.
Working towards and meeting deadlines
Solid understanding of financial systems and integrated modules
Excellent communication and customer service skills
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 10 days, your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, please do continue to apply for jobs advertised by Walker Dendle.
Walker Dendle Limited acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Walker Dendle is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the terms available on our website.