12 months FTC - Start ASAP: An opportunity to join a global leader with annual revenues in excess of £4bn at an exciting time of change, growth & innovation in an autonomous and highly visible role with significant exposure to all areas of finance and operations.
You will have responsibility for the production of timely, relevant and reliable financial and management information to satisfy statutory and internal reporting requirements & your primary responsibility will be the financial accounting for up to 6 entities & subsidiaries. You will liaise closely with the Treasury team, Tax team, Business Information (Group Consolidation) team and external auditors to satisfy the requirements of Companies House and HMRC.
- Preparation of external statutory reporting .
- Manage the year end, interim and half year end audit process for the financing entities with the external auditors, including the production and delivery of the audit working papers and year end reserves reconciliation.
- Preparation of annual budget and forecast, providing commentary on variances to budget and prior year as required by Group Corporate Finance Manager, Business Information and Treasury team.
- Review of the annual budget and forecast for the subsidiary companies.
- Work closely together with the Finance & Treasury Assistant Accountant responsible for the running of weekly and monthly routines in line with deadlines.
- Review of monthly reconciliations. Review the monthly flash and management reporting packs in accordance with Group reporting deadlines.
- Completion of supporting analysis for Group Tax for inclusion in the annual company tax returns submitted to HMRC for the financing entities.
- Preparation of the quarterly VAT returns.
- Provide innovative contributions into Treasury and Tax led projects affecting the financing entities to include technical accounting, TMS functionality testing in advance of implementation and initiatives for business process excellence.
- Work closely together with the Treasury team to advise on implications on reporting and disclosures required under IFRS for the financing entities.
- Support Group Reporting, Treasury and Tax teams to ensure complex treasury transactions such as derivatives, FX transactions and borrowing arrangements are understood and recorded correctly.Preparation of all other reporting requirements for the financing entities including IFRS questionnaires and quarterly and annual National Statistic returns.
- To be familiar and keep abreast of latest accounting requirements and standards and apply as necessary. When required, assist with commentaries on accounting standards.
You will be:
- Qualified (or nearly qualified) with -
- Wide range of financial accounting experience including General Ledger and Statutory Reporting
- Exposure to treasury accounting (practical or theoretical) highly desirable
- Experienced in multi currency transactions
- Experienced in integrated accounting systems
- Oracle or similar systems with integrated modules
- Excellent financial accounting background
- Good Excel and Word skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 10 days, your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, please do continue to apply for jobs advertised by Walker Dendle.
Walker Dendle Limited acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Walker Dendle is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the terms available on our website.