To maintain the integrity and completeness of all areas of the balance sheet and assume responsibility for all general ledger accounts relating to operating and other expenses, ensuring compliance with all internal and external reporting requirements. Preparation of timely and accurate monthly management accounts and annual financial statements and assistance with budgets and forecasts in these areas. Development, documentation and maintenance of internal controls, processes and procedures
- Take ownership of the balance sheet, ensuring accurate recording of transactions, reconciliation of control accounts and preparation and reporting of month end reconciliations for all accounts.
- Take ownership of operating expenses, inter-company recharges and tax (Opex), ensuring accurate recording of all costs and maintaining good cost control.
- Assist with the maintenance, review, development and documentation of internal controls, processes and procedures relating to the balance sheet and Opex, co-ordinating internal audits and ensuring compliance with a SOX environment.
- Manage team members in the areas of payroll, accruals and prepayments, fixed asset management, bank, accounts receivable, accounts payable and VAT, promoting best practice across all areas.
- Ensure accurate recording of stock on the balance sheet and promote timely, accurate and efficient stock takes.
- Prepare monthly management accounts and quarterly and annual financial statements for Opex, monitoring performance against budgets and forecasts and reporting and explaining variances.
- Review month end reporting to improve quality and timing.
- Maintain external reporting compliance, including international VAT and other registrations.
- Develop and maintain KPIs to provide management with leading indicators
- Assist with preparation of budgets and forecasts.
- Assist with ad-hoc financial planning and analysis and special projects, as required.
- Manage year end audit preparation for all areas of responsibility, including liaison with tax and audit firms.
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified accountant with 3+ years PQE in similar roles (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective communicator with both financial and non-financial colleagues
- Management skills
- Confidence to challenge others, solve problems and make decisions
- Familiarity with Microsoft Dynamics NAV or similar ERP desired but not essential
- Experience of working in manufacturing desired but not essential
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 10 days, your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, please do continue to apply for jobs advertised by Walker Dendle.
Walker Dendle Limited acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Walker Dendle is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the terms available on our website.