A superb entry point into the global controllership function for a newly qualified with the ambition to join a multinational business with the scope to progress quickly. In essence you will be "No 2" to the FC.
Accounting and reporting for various entities during the month end closure period will include:
- preparation of monthly management accounts and variance analysis
- journal postings into Sage and maintain the integrity of the Sage numbers
- submission and validation of data into Cognos (the Group consolidation system)
- manage and be responsible for the P&L, purchase ledgers and sales Ledgers
- timely and accurate balance sheet reconciliations
- liaison with Tax department re tax entries and querie
- Preparation and submission of Group VAT returns
Preparation of financial statements.
- prepare audit files in line with auditors information requests & prepared by client requests
- prepare statutory accounts
- liaise with auditors to finalise statutory accounts and audit
Preparation of the operating costs forecasts, budgets and 3 year plan including:
- working with cost centre leaders to understand, challenge and collate forecast/budget data
- preparing reporting packs and communicating performance to leadership
Preparation of monthly control packs for review
- prepare control sheets all UK reported entities
- identify any control weaknesses or improvements and implement
You will be a top class qualified accountant with relevant experience, including knowledge of IFRS, gained either in practice or in a complex, large company environment.
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 10 days, your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, please do continue to apply for jobs advertised by Walker Dendle.
Walker Dendle Limited acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Walker Dendle is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the terms available on our website.