International Corporate Accounting is part of the Corporate Controller department Controllership and is currently responsible for all of the accounting, tax and statutory reporting for approx. 95 Corporate companies within the Group.
The role is part of the team responsible for the International corporate group of companies within the International Corporate Accounting team. The role involves taking responsibility for some of the entities including processing, administration, financial accounting management reporting, forecasting and budgeting, and preparation of financial statements.
The role will also have significant input into progressing one-off ad-hoc projects including dissolving entities, improving financial controls, and Corporate re-structuring projects.
- Accounting and reporting for various entities during the 5-day month end closure period
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Monitoring and accounting for foreign exchange movements
- Manage and be responsible for the P&L, purchase ledgers and sales Ledgers
- Reconciling balance sheet accounts
- Liaison with Tax department re tax entries and queries
- Preparation of financial statements for Corporate entities
- prepare audit files in line with auditors’ information requests & prepared by client requests
- prepare data for input to statutory accounts templates to strict deadlines
- prepare statutory accounts for several corporate companies
- liaise with auditors to finalise statutory accounts and audit
- manage the relationships with internal contacts to obtain the relevant internal approvals and clear any issues prior to signature
- Preparation of the operating costs budgets and 3-year plan forecasts
- collating & presenting the budget information for budget reviews
- Assistance with restructuring projects with significant liaison with group tax, Treasury and Legal functions on restructuring projects including:
- modelling options & identification of issues
- ensuring legal contracts correctly reflect the transaction
- posting the transactions correctly with
- liaison with the Group Reporting team on the impact on the consolidation
- Perform analysis on the monthly corporate balance sheet and P&L identify key movements and explanations identify any control weaknesses in the management accounts or improvements and implement
You will be:
Qualified ACA - newly qualified with up to c2 years PQE
Good technical accounting experience and knowledge of IFRS
Good technical accounting knowledge US GAAP desirable
Delivers own work on time; work is accurate and well presented; maintains high quality standards work
Ability to handle and deliver change
Ability to retain a high-level view on issues whilst retaining attention to the detail & ensuring the integrity of information produced
Confident and personable with good communication skills
Natural ability to liaise with all levels across the group and integrate well as part of a team
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 10 days, your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, please do continue to apply for jobs advertised by Walker Dendle.
Walker Dendle Limited acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Walker Dendle is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the terms available on our website.