A fabulous opportunity for an ambitious qualified chartered accountant to make a first or second move in industry with a fast growth, private equity backed technology business. Recognised for setting industry standards in its field, this group is poised for further growth and has already featured for 3 consecutive years as one of the Sunday Times Fast Track 100 listed companies as well as the FT1000 list of Europe’s fastest growing businesses and named by the London Stock Exchange Group in their “1000 Companies to Inspire Britain” report, which recognises the country’s most dynamic and inspirational SMEs, for the past 2 consecutive years. With revenues of c£16m, this company is highly profitable and is forecast to double its sales in the next 4 years. Acquired by a private equity fund in 2018 with a proven track record of investing in management buy outs of medium sized, high growth UK companies and which is fully supportive of my client’s management team’s ambitious “buy & build” growth strategy. As with most PE backed businesses, it is an extremely fast paced working environment with lots of career progression across the company for the right individual.
This role will suit a talented and entrepreneurial chartered accountant looking to fast track their own career to finance manager/financial controller in double quick time supporting the senior financial management team in all aspects of technical accounting as well as business partnering though a continued period of growth and change and will afford significant exposure to C suite and investors to the successful candidate.
- Financial accounting and consolidation of monthly management accounts
- Assisting with production of the Statutory Accounts and point of contact for audit purposes
- Maintain accounts for group holding companies
- Review the monthly cash flow statement and obtain explanations for variance to budget
- Ownership of the Group balance sheets and individual entity balance sheet reviews
- Manage and maintain accurate records for all key balance sheet items
- Manage month end management accounts for all balance sheet and cash flow related elements
- Ownership of group accounting manual, processes and procedures
- Advisory services to the group on the technical impact of any corporate activity
- Contribute to the strategy of the finance team
You will be:
A Qualified chartered accountant (ACA) with a really strong academic track record and have some experience of business partnering with key stakeholders, including management accounting, tax, payroll and internal and external advisors & will possess advanced Excel
You will thrive in a pacey, changing environment and will relish the opportunity to shape the future of the lean, but highly-regarded finance team.
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 10 days, your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, please do continue to apply for jobs advertised by Walker Dendle.
Walker Dendle Limited acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Walker Dendle is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the terms available on our website.