A fantastic, high profile opportunity has arisen for a Financial Analyst with advanced financial modelling skills to join the group finance team of this fast growing, £400m turnover private equity backed global business. reporting to the Group FPA Manager, the Financial Analyst (FPA modelling) is a company-wide reaching role that will work across the organisation with significant exposure to the SMT & investors.
This role will join a strong Group Finance team, and will increasingly take over from work covered by other team members, with the intention of standardising approach, increasing the quality of modelling and insight and building streamlined modelling approaches.
- Develop a standard set of group models to support business planning, budgeting, forecasting with scenarios and outputs as agreed with the FPA Manager, CFO, GFD and other senior stakeholders
- Own and further develop the leverage forecasting models
- Own and further develop equity models
- Develop the Group Operating Model (5 year planning) from the ground up, in consultation with the senior finance team and other advisors
- Working closely with the Group FD, Group Tax Manager and PwC, develop a high level Group tax model using the outputs of the above
- Cascade train divisional finance staff in the best use of Financial Modelling (Train the Trainer)
Working closely with the Group FPA Manager, CFO, Group FD, Group Finance Manager, Group Tax Manager, Head of Business Analytics and other key sponsors, the role joins a team committed to modernising and improving its output, and this role will be fundamental to achieving this vision.
Highly acquisitive (15 acquisitions in 3 years), this is a great opportunity for a top grade financial analyst to join a high calibre central finance team supporting strategic planning, annual business planning, equity modelling, leverage modelling, tax forecast modelling, cashflow forecasting, purchase price allocations/business valuations modelling and other related activities (reporting, investor engagement etc).
Required knowledge, experience and technical skills
- A highly numerate first degree (Maths, Physics or other STEM subject) from a top tier university.
- Demonstrate expertise in financial modelling of real world business scenarios: e.g. banking, investment or FPA background
- Proven ability to meet complex modelling requirements
- Have extensive knowledge of MS Excel pertaining to programming, modelling, data validation and manipulation
- Possess expert analytical and reporting skills
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to team outcomes
Desirable knowledge, experience and technical skills
- Hold a full or part qualification in accountancy (CCAB) or equivalent (CFA)
- VBA programming
- MS Excel – advanced modelling
- Integration of MS Excel with external data sources (e.g. ODBC, SQL, Oracle).
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 10 days, your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, please do continue to apply for jobs advertised by Walker Dendle.
Walker Dendle Limited acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Walker Dendle is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the terms available on our website.