Impressive privately-owned entrepreneurial High Net Worth Property Investment business in South West London has created a new opportunity for a Financial Controller / Head of Finance to join its Management team as No 1 in Finance working closely with the CEO and COO.
The company has experienced enviable growth, with an impressive acquisition strategy in the residential, retail and commercial markets in London and other prime locations across the UK. Reporting to the CEO and COO, the new Financial Controller / Head of Finance is key to the continued growth of the business as the Board plans further portfolio expansion, significant developments and the setting up of a property fund. The new Financial Controller / Head of Finance will ultimately become the Finance Director of the business. The successful applicant will also be expected to adopt a hands on approach to the financial management, accounting & taxation matters.
The core duties will include:-
- Management of a small team in finance (2), overseeing all bookkeeping, processing, banking, payments, general ledger transactions, VAT, CIS and month-end procedures
- Assess and review the financial performance of the portfolio and individual assets, building robust financial models and contribute to the structuring and analysis of debt and equity finance in the business
- Set up and manage all ongoing SPVs and statutory procedures, consistently reviewing the Group’s accounting requirements to ensure timely meeting of all statutory accounting and tax obligations
- Preparation and presentation of the monthly board pack at Board Meetings, providing management accounts and key management information and KPIs
- Preparation of budget forecasts and monitoring against actual performance as required on a regular basis, working closely with budget holders and managers acting as a business partner
- Implementation of a new accounting software and ongoing development of management information systems, procedures, controls and reporting to aid decision-making and long term planning
Ensuring statutory accounts and other statutory and taxation information is produced and provided in a prompt and accurate manner to appropriate bodies.
Preparation of information in relation to tax compliance matters and liaising with the Group's tax advisors in relation to tax compliance matters generally, including monitoring of corporation tax self-assessment quarterly payment regime; as well as payment of Income Tax for the Trusts
As a No 1 Financial Controller / Head of Finance role, key will be the ability to work closely with the Board as part of the Management team, to ensure quality management information aids decision-making and facilitates further expansion as the company expands its portfolio and grow its asset base.
To apply for this Financial Controller / Head of Finance role, you will be a Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, ACMA, CIMA) with experience in the Property / Real Estate sector in either investment or development.
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 10 days, your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, please do continue to apply for jobs advertised by Walker Dendle.
Walker Dendle Limited acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Walker Dendle is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the terms available on our website.