An exciting opportunity for an ambitious, career motivated candidate to join a private equity backed UK manufacturing business with a truly blue chip customer base and exciting plans for growth ahead as its Financial Comptroller, supporting an established commercial FD. Having enjoyed 10 years of consistent growth, the business in preparing for its next stage of development and this new role will be pivotal in the succession planning for the future of the finance team.
The Financial Controller will be responsible for production of the monthly management accounts, maintenance of internal financial compliance and controls and overseeing the finance department staff in their day-to-day operations.
Managing a small finance team, you will act as a business partner to the other functions within the organisation, including sales, IT, technical, quality and production, taking a proactive and commercially minded approach to the profitable development of the business. As a member of the management team, you will have a wide-ranging remit to establish areas within the business for improvement and to implement positive change.
Responsible for all month activities including detailed sales & profitability analysis in addition to the P&L, balance sheet and cash flow, assisting the FD in preparation of the yearly management and statutory accounts, manage the audit process and preparation of the Tax Pack. You will also take a pivotal role in working with the FD in the generation of the detailed annual budget, reforecasts and 3 Year Plan.
- Qualified accountant (ACCA / CIMA / ACA).
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence and interact with customer, suppliers and colleagues.
- Highly motivated and keen to progress.
- The ability to manage a small finance team working in a fast-paced commercial environment.
- The ability to master new reporting and finance systems, ideally having been involved in a previous system implementation.
- A sound current working knowledge of UKGAAP and IFRS
- The ability to organise, plan and prioritise to ensure all deadlines are met.
- A self-sufficient attitude and an ability to work without supervision.
- Advanced IT skills, specifically with regard to the analysis and presentation of information in Excel.
- Professionalism and integrity in all work conducted and all output generated.
- Experience of manufacturing or stock management preferred
- Use of SAP an advantage
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 10 days, your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, please do continue to apply for jobs advertised by Walker Dendle.