Reporting to the UK based Divisional Finance Director, this is an exciting new role within a finance function which is rapidly increasing the quality of its advanced modelling capabilities to support a fast-growing international business.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Build new, complex, long-term financial models (and modelling universes), looking at growth assumptions ensuring that key model metrics (e.g. free cashflow and ROIC) are incorporated, supporting the business in the production of a 5-year strategic plan financial model
• Leverage existing financial models have been put together, looking at fundamental areas such as P&L, balance sheet and cash flow projections, to help develop or rebuild them
• Improve the financial models (and universes) to ensure that they are fit for purpose by experienced users, novices and senior managers and sufficiently robust to be reused over multiple cycles with minimal redevelopment
• Prepare the annual budget and forecast models and model universes
• Provide modelling and excel support to the finance team and coach / share knowledge with colleagues
• Support the business by building ad-hoc financial models for other projects and teams as needed (e.g. strategic CAPEX investment cases, strategic M&A projects, procurement, facilities, other)
• Acting as a champion for financial modelling across the division.
• Business Partnering with stakeholders on a regular basis.
Required Knowledge, Experience and Technical Skills
• Excellent technical Excel Skills – Need to have deep knowledge of Excel functions, and capability to develop VBA
• Exceptional excel model usability - the ability to use an appropriate richness of data in a model and create something which is easy to understand, and update by non-modeller users.
• Demonstrable work experience of designing, building and populating financial models (and universes).
• Intelligent, strong analytical skills, commercially aware, strong interpersonal skills, proactive and hungry,
• Ability to enjoy a demanding and rewarding environment
• Knowledge about Accounting, Finance & Valuation - You know about the investment appraisal techniques like NPV, DCF, IRR, ROIC etc. Valuation is an important part of your job so you are good at it. An accounting qualification (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) or bluechip strategic consulting experience is preferred.
• Problem solving ability - Usually a financial model is created to solve a certain problem or to make sure that no other problem arises so it is very important that you have that problem solver’s attitude and you are ready to take the responsibility for any problem.
• Time management is a key strength of yours. Building an effective financial model is important but presenting it on time is just as important.
• Decision Making Ability - Decisions will be able to be made based on your financial models.
• Appetite for some regional and international travel and fast paced commercial culture
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 10 days, your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, please do continue to apply for jobs advertised by Walker Dendle.
Walker Dendle Limited acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Walker Dendle is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the terms available on our website.