An ideal first move from practice for a newly qualified seeking to develop their career in industry. A key member of, and supported by,the highly regarded Group Financial Reporting team, the overall objective of this role is supporting the delivery of month-end, quarterly & annual reporting & consolidation in a culture of continual improvement of financial processes and procedures and an environment of impressive growth.
- Responsible for the completion of elements of the monthly reporting process for a number of group companies
- Completion of financial controls in accordance with the controls framework, in this case SOX
- Assistance with the preparation of Group IFRS quarterly and annual financial reporting deliverables, including preparing consolidation
- Timely preparation and ownership of reporting, consolidation and forecasting preparation processes
- Review and report on intercompany and balance sheet reconciliations
- Ad hoc responsibilities relating to month end activities
The Successful Applicant:
- Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
- Experience of high volume, multi-currency consolidations (audit of)
- Good understanding of IFRS
- Good understanding of month end closing process (Balance Sheet reconciliations, Intercompany, Journal entries, accruals, etc.)
- Highly computer literate: strong Excel skills are a must
- Able to work under time pressure and able to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Pro-active and self-starter
- Able to work under time pressure, manage multiple deadlines and prioritise
- Works independently using own initiative
- Ability to build relationships across multiple user sites
- Ambition to learn and get exposure to different areas of financial reporting
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 10 days, your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, please do continue to apply for jobs advertised by Walker Dendle.
Walker Dendle Limited acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Walker Dendle is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the terms available on our website.