A fantastic, high profile opportunity has arisen for a top grade Financial Analyst with advanced financial modelling skills to join the group finance team of this fast growing, highly acquisitive £400m turnover private equity backed global business. Reporting to the Group FP&A Manager, the Financial Analyst is a company-wide reaching role that will work across the organisation with significant exposure to the SMT & investors, offering a unique chance to build an influential network and accelerate your career.
Working closely with the CFO & Group FD & FM, this role will join a strong Group Finance team and is seen as fundamental to the future success of the FP&A team. You will be heavily involved in a number of high level upcoming projects and fully sponsored at the most senior levels; a unique opportunity to add significant weight to your CV in a fun & lively working environment that recognises the importance of a good life/work balance.
This brand new role will increasingly take over from work covered by other team members, with the intention of standardising approach, increasing the quality of modelling and insight and building streamlined modelling approaches.
- Develop a standard set of group models to support business planning, budgeting, forecasting with scenarios and outputs
- Develop the leverage forecasting models
- Own and further develop equity models
- Develop the Group Operating Model (5 year planning) from the ground up
- Working closely with the Group FD, Group Tax Manager and PwC, develop a high level Group tax model using the outputs of the above
- Train divisional finance staff in the best use of Financial Modelling
Required knowledge, experience and technical skills
- A highly numerate first degree (Maths, Physics or other STEM subject) from a top tier university.
- Demonstrate expertise in financial modelling of real world business scenarios: e.g. banking, investment or FPA background
- Proven ability to meet complex modelling requirements
- Have extensive knowledge of MS Excel pertaining to programming, modelling, data validation and manipulation
- Experience of equity, leverage, tax forecast & cashflow modelling
- Possess expert analytical and reporting skills
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to team outcomes
Desirable knowledge, experience and technical skills
- Hold a full qualification in accountancy (CCAB) or equivalent (CFA)
- VBA programming
- MS Excel – advanced modelling
- Integration of MS Excel with external data sources (e.g. ODBC, SQL, Oracle).
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 10 days, your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, please do continue to apply for jobs advertised by Walker Dendle.
Walker Dendle Limited acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Walker Dendle is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the terms available on our website.