As a result of an internal move, a great opportunity has arisen with a world class market leader to be a key member of the team to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting for the Group with specific responsibility for the major region.
- To be the key point of contact for the allocated region for monthly actuals reporting and to work with the rest of the reporting team to produce the regular internal monthly reports for the Group. This will involve reviewing country submissions, resolving issues, writing commentary and explaining movements. The regular reporting requirements include monthly management accounts, a briefing document with commentary, Flash accounts, and trading performance reports.
- To assist with external reporting including the Group statutory accounts and year end audit. Preparing statutory disclosures, preparing audit schedules, and checking the accounts. Taking sole responsibility for reporting to listed shareholders at the half year and year end.
- To have strong knowledge of IFRS and be able to support the countries when implementing a new accounting standard or in relation to acquisition or disposal. Provide advice on the most appropriate accounting for new transactions or events.
- To own the annual pack to stats rec for the region and be the overall lead on this exercise for the team and coordinate and track progress to ensure the deadline is met. This is a key control that ensures countries are reporting consistent results both internally and externally in their local statutory accounts.
- To take ownership of the Trading Performance Report and the key metrics. To answer queries on the integrity of the report and to ensure it is fit for purpose each month. To be seen as the expert on the calculations behind the metrics.
- Focus on improving processes and controls, implementing new and improving existing reports
- Respond to ad hoc queries as required from shareholders, regional Finance Directors, country finance teams or other finance teams at Head Office.
- To be the main contact in the team for the Global Transformation Programme and ensure costs are reported accurately.
- To be a key member of the team working towards the re-implementation of the Group’s consolidation and reporting system.
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified accountant with 5yrs post qualified experience
- Strong understanding of IFRS. Able to apply accounting standards and explain requirements
- Have worked in a central consolidation team or have strong knowledge of consolidations and Group reporting requirements
- Experience of explaining reports to external auditors and preparing backup schedules.
- Worked with large scale multinational businesses.
- Experience of working with and reporting to senior management
- Have worked with multiple stakeholders and have a proven track record of building strong relationships
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 10 days, your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, please do continue to apply for jobs advertised by Walker Dendle.
Walker Dendle Limited acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Walker Dendle is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the terms available on our website.