The purpose of the role is to lead and deliver an outstanding and highly effective FP&A function across the Group, and to bring “best in class” approaches and thinking as the business develops and evolves its approach to performance management. The Group FP&A team performs a critical role as the “eyes and ears” of the Group CFO and is there to provide challenge, insight and support in steering the Group’s performance in line with its strategic goals.
The successful applicant will be instrumental in setting the standard through designing and implementing the transformation of the financial planning and budgeting across the group to support the performance management focus and create a centre of excellence. You will be given the autonomy to challenge the status quo and “build your own world”, bringing in the consistency to deliver a first-class global FP&A system in a move to help the business understand the numbers and to meet the demands of the private equity investors.
- Leadership of the Group FP&A team, ensuring the team is highly engaged and has the appropriate capability to deliver.
- Responsibility for leading the transformation of Performance Management and Financial budgeting and Planning across the group, with the implementation of new global systems, processes and the creation of a centre of excellence for FP&A
- Accountability for the Group's performance management approach, including setting the agenda and content for the annual / monthly review cycles and planning, forecasting and budgeting activities across the group
- Ownership of the Group's investment governance processes, including approval and post implementation review ensuring the group derives appropriate benefits from all its investment decisions
- Leading communications with senior leadership and shareholders, ensuring that performance is effectively articulated to give clarity on business performance.
- Play a significant part in the Group's Central Finance team to ensure effectiveness across the Central Finance function.
- Commercially minded and able to focus on the areas which really matter when assessing the Group's financial performance.
The Successful Applicant
- Will be qualified and suitably experienced with significant post qualified experience (at least 10 years) and will demonstrate proven understanding and expertise in leading “best in class” financial planning and performance management – working across multi-national, multi-currency environments.
- Clear leadership experience with evidence of managing and growing high performing teams, both locally and remotely, as well as working with and influencing C-suite stakeholders.
- My client will also be looking for a proven business insight provider, who is adept at dealing with complex issues and decision making and working with modern technologies.
- Private equity investor experience is highly desirable as is experience of delivery global transformation projects.
- Globally mobile in future and collaborative in order to share best practice.
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 10 days, your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, please do continue to apply for jobs advertised by Walker Dendle.
Walker Dendle Limited acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Walker Dendle is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the terms available on our website.