A brand new role this is a superb entry point for a newly qualified with up to 3 years post qualified experience, looking for guaranteed career development, to join a fast paced growing FMCG business. A key member of the Group Financial Reporting team, supporting the delivery of month-end reporting for headquarter companies in a dedicated international region as well as consolidating the Group’s results, ultimately ending in the preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements. In doing so, financial control compliance must be maintained, whilst striving for process and procedure improvement.
- Working with across the Group and UK Shared Service Centre to complete elements of the monthly reporting process multiple companies.
- Completion of financial controls in accordance with the controls framework (SOX)
- Preparation of cash flow statements for head office Companies
- Assisting with Group cash flow forecasting reporting
- Assistance with the preparation of Group IFRS quarterly and annual financial reporting deliverables, including preparing consolidation
- Input into the Annual budget and Quarterly forecasts
- Supporting any projects impacting financial reporting (previous examples include acquisition accounting, refinancing, share repurchase and restructuring activities)
- Monitoring of exceptional items and associated provisions
- Owning the completion of statutory accounts under FRS 101 for several UK Companies
- Liaison with internal and external Auditors and provide relevant information when required
- Acting as the team liaison with the Treasury department to ensure accurate recording & reporting of treasury transactions, such as loans and borrowings, equity transactions, derivatives, factoring and other financial instruments
- Participation in finance & accounting projects, including those aimed at further utilising systems including SAP and BPC
- Opportunity to assist with European internal audit tasks
- Timely preparation and ownership of reporting, consolidation and forecasting preparation processes
The Successful Applicant:
- Qualified accountant (ACCA, ACA) with audit background a strong preference
- Exposure to multi-currency consolidations either gained in audit or industry
- Good understanding of IFRS
- Good understanding of month end closing process (B/S reconciliations, Intercompany, Journal entries, accruals, etc.)
- Highly computer literate: strong Excel skills are a must
- Able to work under time pressure and able to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Pro-active and self-starter
- Able to work under time pressure, manage multiple deadlines and prioritise
- Works independently using own initiative
- Ability to build relationships across multiple user sites
- Ambition to learn and get exposure to different areas of financial reporting
- Audit training
- Previous finance reporting role experience.
- Budget & forecasting
- US Listed (NYSE, NASDAQ, etc.) entity experience
- SAP FI (General Ledger), BPC (Financial Reporting) and Workiva (3rd party reporting software) systems knowledge
- Experience with working with multiple foreign currency entities
- Understanding of the consolidation process
- FRS 101 for Company statutory accounts
- Strong presentation and communication skills
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 10 days, your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, please do continue to apply for jobs advertised by Walker Dendle.
Walker Dendle Limited acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Walker Dendle is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the terms available on our website.