A truly fabulous opportunity to join a world leader in its field at a time of huge growth and to be an integral part of the evolution of the finance function as it responds to the new demands to support this growth and productivity.
- To assist with regular internal monthly reporting for the Group. This will involve reviewing country submissions, resolving issues, writing commentary and explaining movements. The regular reporting requirements include monthly management accounts, Flash accounts, trading performance report, budgets and forecasts.
- To assist with external reporting including the Group statutory accounts and year end audit. This involves preparing statutory disclosures for pensions and impairment, preparing audit schedules, and checking the accounts.
- This role is also responsible for preparing the slide pack for the CFO to present the Group results to the Audit Committee at the half year and year end. The slides are comprehensive and need a strong understanding of the group’s activities.
- To have strong knowledge of IFRS and be able to support the countries when we need to implement a new standard or when we make an acquisition. Provide advice on the most appropriate accounting for new transactions or events.
- To support the country finance teams with any accounting queries and help them to understand the group reporting requirements for actuals and budgets. Development will come from working more closely with country finance teams to understand the operational challenges and how these are reflected in the results.
- To manage the impairment model for the Group. This involves understanding long term forecasts for the countries and explaining potential impairments to management and the auditors. Ownership of this model can lead to ad hoc questions about the valuation of the Group.
- To manage pensions accounting for the Group. This involves liaising with the actuaries and ensuring that the Group accounting is accurate for actuals and forecasts.
- When time allows focus on improving our processes. For example improve reports to make them more automated or clearer, implement new reports to improve controls over the integrity of numbers or perform analysis to better understand the numbers from the countries. Assist with documenting our processes and policies.
- Respond to ad hoc queries as required. These requests may come from shareholders, regional Finance Directors, country finance teams or other finance teams at the Head Office.
The successful applicant must be:
- Qualified accountant with 3-5yrs+ post qualified experience.
- Have worked in a central consolidation team or have strong knowledge of consolidations and Group reporting requirements.
- Strong technical understanding of IFRS. Able to apply accounting standards and explain technical requirements.
Desirable experience would be:
- Experience of HFM consolidation tool.
- Understanding of risk and control.
- Tax and Treasury awareness.
- Experience of IFRS 16 (lease accounting).
- Experience of other technical areas like pensions accounting or share schemes.
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 10 days, your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, please do continue to apply for jobs advertised by Walker Dendle.
Walker Dendle Limited acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Walker Dendle is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the terms available on our website.