Start November 2020, c5 months duration - Taking full ownership of the end to end process, the objective of this role is support the Group Finance Manager and to ensure that the 2020 year end Group Statutory accounts are produced on time and to a high quality
- To manage the production of the year end group statutory accounts, taking responsibility for the quality, processing changes and preparing some disclosures.
- Supporting the external audit for the year end. In particular providing back up for the statutory disclosures and addressing feedback on the accounts from the auditors.
- Working with the rest of the team as needed to complete the year end process.
- To have strong knowledge of IFRS and be able to support the team at the centre and in the countries on specific issues that arise. Provide advice on the most appropriate accounting and disclosure.
- When time allows focus on improving our processes and controls. Assist with documenting our processes and policies.
- Respond to ad hoc queries as required and be an active member of the team. These requests may come from shareholders, regional Finance Directors, country finance teams or other finance teams at the Head Office.
You will be:
- Qualified accountant with 5yrs+ post qualified experience.
- Have worked in a central consolidation team and have strong knowledge of Group reporting requirements.
- Have prepared group statutory accounts and complex disclosures.
- Have worked with multiple stakeholders and have a proven track record of building strong relationships.
- Experience of explaining reports to external auditors and preparing backup schedules.
- Worked with large scale multi-national businesses and familiar with multi-currency transactions.
- Experience of working with and reporting to senior management.
- Experience of a listed company environment and listed company stats.
- Experience of working with systems and implementing system changes.
- Experience in either retail or automotive industry.
- Experience of acquisitions or disposals.
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong understanding of IFRS. Able to apply accounting standards and explain requirements.
- Wide experience of different technical areas (pensions, share schemes, impairment, IFRS 16, acquisitions etc).
- Numerate and analytical.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Able to write accounting papers to support decisions about treatment and disclosures.
- Experience of HFM (our consolidation tool).
- Understanding of risk and control.
- Tax and Treasury awareness.
- Process improvement and being able to identify and eliminate inefficiencies in finance processes.
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 10 days, your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, please do continue to apply for jobs advertised by Walker Dendle.
Walker Dendle Limited acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Walker Dendle is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the terms available on our website.