A 6 month (possibly longer) for a qualified and technically up to speed chartered accountant with previous experience of documenting accounting policies and application guidance in a large scale multi-national environment, preferably listed.
The successful candidate will work closely with other members of the Business Information team and as such will need to communicate progress and issues clearly. There will be a need to communicate openly and clearly with other corporate centre finance individuals and country finance teams whilst there may be a need to balance the different priorities of these stakeholders.
- The overall objective of the project will be to document the Group’s accounting policies and create a new Group Accounting Manual. Initially the scope will be focused on a small number of policies that are considered most critical for the Group due to evolving areas of practice or due to a dependency for a forthcoming Oracle implementation project. Once these initial policies are documented other chapters of the manual will be written.
- To understand the financial impact of standardising our policies across the Group. This may involve reaching out to the country finance teams and supporting them to quantify the impact of policy clarifications or changes. Once the impact has been estimated then key stakeholders will need to be informed to support policy decisions.
- To provide technical accounting advice on ad hoc queries. These may relate to commercial agreements, acquisitions or other areas, possibly in preparation for the year end 2021 and annual group statutory accounts.
The Successful Candidate
- Qualified accountant with 10yrs+ post qualified experience - ACA, ACCA
- Strong understanding of IFRS. Able to apply accounting standards and explain requirements
- Up to date and wide experience of different technical areas (pensions, share schemes, impairment, IFRS 16, acquisitions etc)
- Curiosity and a genuine interest in remaining a subject matter expert on technical accounting area
- Have worked in a central reporting team and have strong knowledge of Group reporting requirements
- Worked with large scale multi-national businesses and familiar with multi-currency transactions.
- Experience of documenting accounting policies, including application guidance
- Able to demonstrate prior project management experience and track record of working on a group accounting manual project.
- Able to write accounting papers to support decisions about treatment and disclosures.
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 10 days, your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, please do continue to apply for jobs advertised by Walker Dendle.
Walker Dendle Limited acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Walker Dendle is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the terms available on our website.