A great opportunity for a qualified accountant, ideally with previous experience in financial management of the not for profit sector or similar, to make a real difference and join an innovative social business as Head of Financial Control & Transactions and build on your senior-level experience in finance management, control or accounting to ensure that the function and its systems are fully equipped to meet both statutory requirements and business needs.
As Head of Financial Control & Transactions, you will be responsible for co-ordinating the delivery of the year end process and preparing the statutory accounts for the Group, in addition to other external financial reporting.
Responsible for all VAT, CT, PAYE returns along with developing the Group's Tax Strategy.
Balance sheet maintenance for both the Group and its subsidiaries and delivery of the month end close.
Ensuring timely intercompany reconciliations and maintaining the asset & liability register
Ensure that accounting policies and procedures are kept up to date including the capital accounting procedures.
Implementing financial systems and improving processes are also key elements of this role.
Maintaining the general ledger, purchasing systems and interfaces to other operational systems.
Lead a team responsible for managing finance transaction (payments, payroll, income and journals), as well as providing expert advice on all taxation and accounting issues for the Group.
The Successful Applicant
- Professionally qualified (CCAB or equivalent).
- Experience in the financial management of a housing, not for profit, public sector or similar organisation, ideally with experience of the housing sector regulatory environment and housing development finance.
- Ability to lead and manage a team to deliver against day-to-day performance targets.
- Experience and commercial vision to build and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders.
- Significant knowledge of best practice in financial and capital accounting, reporting and tax, together with a good working knowledge of financial control frameworks, as well as accounting and purchasing systems.
- Good working knowledge of the complexities of asset accounting.
- A self starter able to work with minimal supervision.
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 10 days, your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, please do continue to apply for jobs advertised by Walker Dendle.
Walker Dendle Limited acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Walker Dendle is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the terms available on our website.