12 month FTC working for an innovative, high growth & dynamic industry leader, to cover the secondment onto a project of the current project accountant; potential to become permanent.
The successful candidate will have relevant project accounting and finance experience, a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail and strong communication skills.
- Providing finance support to Project Managers / Quantity Surveyors including providing costing information from the Accounting system
- Check and challenge the accuracy of costs / revenues on Cost Value Reconciliations (CVR’s)
- Extracting data from the CVR’s and processing monthly accruals
- Check deferred revenue calculations on CVR vs cost incurred / certified revenue and extracting data from CVR’s re deferred revenue and posting on Accounting system
- Working with Project Managers / Quantity Surveyors on project profitability
- Reconcile revenue / deferred revenue / cost accruals / margins per CVR’s to profitability schedule
- Maintaining retention records for customers and suppliers and posting retention journals
- Producing profitability schedule at month end
- Provide project accounting and finance support to in Manchester
- Produce monthly reports / packs and Executive summaryWorking with the Commercial Team to review and develop processes
- Working with the team on Navision implementation and being the Finance Project support
- Lead forecast / Budgeting processes and monthly variance analysis vs Budget / forecast
- Anaplan (Group reporting tool) reporting – monthly / forecast / budget
The Successful Applicant
- Fully qualified CIMA / ACCA / ACA
- Experienced in Project Accounting
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and proficiency in all other Microsoft office suite
- Proficiency in Sage Line 200 / Navision
- Ability to travel to the Manchester office on a regular basis and to other sites occasionally
- Strong team working skills, good eye for detail, accurate, ability to solve problems and resolve queries in a timely manner
- Able to take own initiative, be confident, able to prioritise & deal with individuals at all levels
- Experience of working in the construction industry highly desirable otherwise a proven track record in project accounting in a low volume, high value environment
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive if you have not heard from us within 10 days, your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, please do continue to apply for jobs advertised by Walker Dendle.
Walker Dendle Limited acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Walker Dendle is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the terms available on our website.