To support the European FD in shaping a new function post restructure , this brand-new & highly commercial role will act as No 2 with significant responsibility and senior stakeholder management for the major European portfolio. .
• Also supporting the Regional Manager for smaller European entities.
• Qualified with significant PQE (5-10 years) in an in-house role.
• Evidence of strong & effective stakeholder management.
• Proficient in HFM.
• Advanced Excel.
• Advanced PowerPoint – will produce slide decks for monthly Regional Review Meetings.
• Based in Surrey, but with regular travel to Eurpoe (20-25%).
The successful applicant will need to be very much a self-starter and able to work with little day to day supervision. The role will support the FD & a RM in all aspects of finance business partnering and decision support, but will also help the FD to decide on his team structure for the future and could well result in a permanent appointment.
The JD is flexible to meet the objectives and the FD is open to ideas!
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
• To assist the FD in the running of the European portfolio.
• 3-4 weeks per month will be working directly for the European FD, 1 week per month will support the RM acting as a “mini” FD for the smaller European countries.
• Produce financial analysis.
• Prepare the presentation slide for each country on behalf of the FD & RM.
• Produce, review & present budgets.
• Decision support – to interpret numbers, comment on and guide the regions
• To really scrutinise and challenge numbers – to challenge appropriately, but to be prepared to push back as required.
• Explain numbers to non-finance managers – what do they mean, what story do they tell?
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 10 days, your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, please do continue to apply for jobs advertised by Walker Dendle.
Walker Dendle Limited acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Walker Dendle is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the terms available on our website.