An exciting opportunity for a studier to complete professional qualifications with a progressive award-winning start-up that challenges the it's sector through state of the art technology and innovation.
We are looking for a Management Accountant to help us insource the accounting function and help develop a true commercial finance operation.
You will take responsibility for the monthly financial reporting cycle, participate in developing our FP&A function and ensure our management team has the right tools to make great decisions.
As our business grows your role will develop and we are looking for ambitious and passionate individuals who will become tomorrow’s leaders of our business.
You would be working closely with the Financial Controller and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and MI packs
- Maintain day-to-day bookkeeping for all group companies
- Responsibility for AP, AR, cash postings and bank recs
- Preparation of fortnightly 13 week cash flow forecasts
- Play a key role in financial planning, forecasting and budgeting processes
- Perform ad hoc financial and commercial analysis
- Identify and deliver process improvements & strengthen internal controls
- Support statutory accounting & reporting and preparation for external audit
- Qualified / Part Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA, or equivalent)
- Excel advanced knowledge and ability to handle and analyse large data sets
- An attitude that “finance” is a commercial function that routinely drives business performance
- A challenging and enquiring mind that seeks opportunities to improve the status quo and promote accountability in those around them
- Systematic and structured thinker with demonstrated ability to innovate systems and optimise and automate processes
- A good communicator approachable and builds effective working relationships with colleagues
- A ‘can do’, proactive attitude with a willingness to take on new tasks and challenges as they arise
- Experience in Xero accounting software
- Experience with business planning and business reporting is a bonus
- Competitive Salary + Share Options
- 25 days holiday + 1 day Birthday Leave
- Fortnightly Lunch n’ Learn sessions
- Cycle to Work benefit + Employee discount programme
- Excellent work environment with motivated and friendly colleagues who love what we do
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 10 days, your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, please do continue to apply for jobs advertised by Walker Dendle.
Walker Dendle Limited acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Walker Dendle is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://financial.walkerdendle.co.uk/privacy-policy/.