This is an exciting opening with the UK's market-leading wholesaler and distribution company & represents an excellent opportunity for an active, or new, ACA/ACCA/CIMA/AAT studier to expand on their skills, with a view to becoming qualified in the very near future with full support & sponsorship.
Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager whilst also working closely with the divisional FD, the role is to own the book-keeping and month-end processes for one legal entity. This will involve timely and accurate preparation of monthly financials, preparation of quarterly VAT return and assistance with statutory accounts prep and liaison with auditors. In addition, you will be required to support the wider accounting team through various month end tasks and balance sheet reconciliations, as well as ad-hoc problem resolution and continuous process improvement.
- Accurate and timely completion of month end activities.
- Preparing and uploading journals during the month and at month end.
- Running financial enquiry reports in Sage and CODA and interrogating financial data in Excel.
- Reconciling intercompany balances with group entities, resolving differences and, in turn, obtaining signed intercompany agreements.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly balance sheet reconciliations by obtaining supporting documentation and completing variance analysis.
- Support the strengthening of the control environment within the business.
- Work with process owners to produce new or updated documentation of processes and controls.
- Completion and monthly review of journals.
The Successful Applicant
- Studying for a professional qualification (AAT/ACCA/CIMA/ACA); committed to attaining full qualification
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritise in a fast paced environment
- Intermediate Excel
- Clear and concise communication skills, comfortable with significant senior stakeholder engagement
- Previous experience in a finance department is desirable
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 10 days, your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, please do continue to apply for jobs advertised by Walker Dendle.
Walker Dendle Limited acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Walker Dendle is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the terms available on our website.