Having responsibility for reporting, forecasting and analysis of commercial finance areas. Primary point of contact for Sales Director and Commercial Category Director within these areas. Be a business partner to the Commercial Heads, providing clear business-driven analysis and explanations.
Drive profitable growth by identifying growth areas, cost efficiency, improve contribution margin percentage, and be an integral part of the decision-making process.
This role is autonomous within a framework of defined deadlines. The individual is expected to proactively drive continuous improvements in analysis, reporting and understanding linked to commercial drivers. The individual must resolve issues wherever possible and propose solutions to problems which require escalation. Active engagement of key stakeholders is expected in this high-profile role.
- Own and manage the full profit and loss for specified commercial areas whilst providing day-to-day support to the commercial teams.
- Be the principle point of contact for the relevant Directors and Senior Managers.
- Act as the finance lead for all decision support, analysis and reporting.
- Lead and review modelling, reporting, analysis and forecasting to improve accuracy and drive high quality.
- Understand the story behind the numbers and translate this into forward looking narratives and forecasts which incorporate: new strategies, initiatives, supplier & customer deals, and which align with underlying business and market insight.
- Work with line manager and other FP&A managers to develop and deliver joined up financial analysis, reporting & commentary for all reporting and planning activity.
- Manage the reporting of accurate and timely results that provide insightful commentary to the management, such that they in turn can drive informed business decisions and actions.
- Responsible for the budgeting and forecasting of these areas, working in conjunction with the FP&A Manager.
You will be:
- Recognised professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with relevant post-qualification experience
- Ability to deliver high quality output to tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyse data and draw clear and concise conclusions and tailor communication to different audiences.
- Attention to detail and logical approach to problem solving
- Strong financial modelling and analytical skills
- Experienced in an FP&A environment
- Industry experience advantageous
- Experience working in a large corporate environment
- Strong commercial awareness
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 10 days, your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, please do continue to apply for jobs advertised by Walker Dendle.
Walker Dendle Limited acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Walker Dendle is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the terms available on our website.