Reporting to the Director of Global Consolidations, this is a key role within the Global Consolidation function within the Global Controllership team. This function is responsible for delivering the consolidation and reporting excellence ensuring that monthly and periodic reporting is complete, accurate and conforms to applicable accounting standards under the strictest of financial controls. This role requires a very good technical awareness and diligence to ensure that potential accounting issues are identified and resolved timely and with collaboration with Global Technical Accounting team and business units.
This role is responsible for leading and managing the Global Consolidations Accounting team, in the UK and indirectly in the US, whose primary responsibility is the delivery of all of the internal and external consolidated financial reporting requirements including the Global Balance Sheet and specific Global Close functions. Internal reporting comprises the monthly actual consolidated results. External reporting encompasses Annual / Quarterly consolidations as well as reporting to key stakeholders (lenders and equity investors) and certain regulatory filings. This role is responsible for ensuring that these are delivered on time, accurately produced, reviewed and delivered to a high quality whilst respecting the highest governance and financial controls.
This role is also responsible for ensuring that the Global Consolidation system, (Cognos Controller) is adapted to meet changing requirements driven by both external (US GAAP) and internal requirements, and that any changes are properly tested .
Close collaboration and communication with other team members (TAG, SEC reporting, Tax, FP&A, and Treasury) is essential to spread knowledge and ensure that solutions are robust from both an accounting and system perspective.
A strong communicator who can liaise with the Senior Leadership Team and External Auditors to ensure that decisions are taken promptly is an important part of this role.
- Candidate will be a Qualified Accountant (ACA) with the following minimum experience:
- Global Consolidation for a US GAAP Fortune 50 Company
- Hands on practical experience with Cognos Controller for reporting Actuals, Budgets, Forecast
- Strong team leader focused on team development and coaching
- A change agent, delivering change and strong process improvement
- Experience in a complex matrix organization, with multi-currency consolidations for external reporting, and SOX compliance
- US GAAP understanding with good technical skills and ability to identify transactions which may give rise to technical accounting issues.Significant US GAAP experience advantageous.
- Demonstrable track record of continuous improvement in governance and control.
- Strong hands on experience with COGNOS Controller and TM1.
- Experience with Global Consolidations process within a Fortune 50 company
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 10 days, your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, please do continue to apply for jobs advertised by Walker Dendle.