A truly fabulous opportunity for a newly qualified with at least 18 Months post qualified experience in industry to join an innovative, fast growth & highly acquisitive, multi-site retail operation with further expansion through acquisition in the pipeline.
Due to an early internal promotion, this role is the “No.3 (Finance Manager equivalent)in the small, yet high performing Group finance team, reporting to the Group FC with significant exposure to the C-suite. Once up to speed with the UK operations, this role will have substantial exposure to Group topics and will be actively involved in future acquisitions and a potential exit by the PE owners in the next 2 years.
You will be:
- Qualified Accountant with minimum 18 months PQE (ACA, CIMA, ACCA qualified)
- Medium – Large Company experience (30+ cost centres)
- Knowledge of FRS102
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Attention to detail
- Organised with good communication skills
- “Can” do attitude and proactive approach to drive efficiencies
- Multi-site experience
Beneficial exposure would be:
- Knowledge of Sage ERP X3 system
- Deal & PE experience
- Finance system change
- Big 6 audit experience – this role would really suit a second move out of practice
The deliverables of the role include:
- Oversight of the preparation of the month end management accounts to the month end timetable.
- Working with Heads of Department and Operations Managers to review actual costs against budgets & forecasts.
- Training and development of direct & indirect reports.
- Leading annual audit process and assistance with the preparation of statutory accounts under FRS102.
- Oversight of the preparation of accurate balance sheet reconciliations on a timely basis.
- Reviewing VAT returns prepared by Senior/Lead Management Accountant.
- Liaising with external tax advisors ensuring tax returns are filed on time.
- Updating and maintaining weekly cashflow forecast for review by Group FC.
- Oversight of assistant management accountants’ concessions accounting.
- Assisting with the preparation of the monthly Board pack and overseeing reporting from group companies.
- Oversee cash book entries posted by Cash & Banking team ensuring queries are followed up on a timely basis.
- Assisting with the budget and reforecasting process and working with the FP&A team.
- Supporting the Group Financial Controller with the implementation of best practice controls and risk framework across the Group.
- Any other ad hoc duties as required by the Senior Leadership Team and Board of Directors.
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 10 days, your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, please do continue to apply for jobs advertised by Walker Dendle.
Walker Dendle Limited acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Walker Dendle is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the terms available on our website.