12 month+ fixed term maternity cover.
The Supply Chain Finance Manager is a key member of the Finance department and acts as a business partner to the Director of Supply Chain and Director of Quality and Regulatory Operations. Responsible for the group’s manufacturing costing systems, provides commercial analysis and financial insight on all production costs and supply chain issues, ensuring that costs are realistic, accurate and achievable. To assist the finance team in driving cost savings and working capital improvements from inventory and manufacturing & distribution areas. Also responsible for ensuring the financial compliance of the Supply Chain division along with the Group Financial Controller.
- Manage and control the Group’s standard costing system, with responsibility for maintaining accurate standard costs across the entire product range, and reviewing and reporting on costs and variances
- Ensure month end reports are delivered accurately and on time, with explanations of key trends and variance
- Provide meaningful and accurate budgets and forecasts, manage all product costing, production and supply chain budgets and forecast cycles.
- Annual review and update of standard costing
- Review regularly the performance of supply chain operations and develop key performance indicators to support effective decision making and cost saving programmes
- Monitor and analyse price pressure on manufacturing operations, to ensure the business is continually understanding its cost of manufacturing in house and with 3rd parties
- Assisting the Group Financial Controller with working capital management, business improvement and financial modelling
- Continually review and improve all supply chain accounting procedures, and monitor key business risk exposure areas, addressing key issues from both a financial control and a commercial perspective
- Reviewing, from a supply chain financial aspect, cross border activities to ensure the best financial and commercial terms as possible (e.g. stock management, contracts)
- Business partnering as a finance team member supporting the supply chain business in the overall growth plans, and to proactively add value wherever possible.
The Successful Applicant
- A good grasp of finance - debits & credits, month end processes and budgets/forecasts etc.
- Supply chain/Finance experience within the pharmacy/FMCG industry
- Educated to degree level or studying towards an accounting certification.
- Experienced user of ERP systems (SAP)
- Good Excel and IT skills
- Professional, pro-active, bright, ability to work on own initiative, self-motivated, efficient problem solver.
- Extremely well organised - capability to work efficiently under pressure.
- Capability to manage conflicting deadlines.
- Good communications skills and capable to develop professional working relations with people at all levels.
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 10 days, your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, please do continue to apply for jobs advertised by Walker Dendle.
Walker Dendle Limited acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Walker Dendle is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the terms available on our website.