This is an exciting opening with the UK's market-leading wholesaler and distribution Company & represents an excellent opportunity for an active, or new, ACA/ACCA/CIMA studier to expand on their skills, with a view to becoming a Qualified Accountant in the very near future with the full support & sponsorship of an ACA qualified Finance Manager,.
The role of Trainee Accountant is to support the wider General Accounting team through various month end tasks across the 7 legal entities compromising the UK Wholesale business. Outside of month end the role will include the preparation and analysis of balance sheet reconciliations as well as ad-hoc problem resolution and structured project work. The successful candidate will need to feel comfortable adapting to a fast paced and demanding working environment with a culture of continuous process improvement. The role itself sits within a dynamic team of 12, with a proven record of rotation and promotion.
The successful candidate can expect to get involved with:
- Accurate and timely completion of designated month end activities.
- Preparing and uploading journals during the month and at month end.
- Peer review of journals using a risk based methodology.
- Running financial enquiry reports in CODA and interrogating financial data in Excel to ensure accurate management reporting.
- Reconciling UK Wholesale intercompany balances with other entities across the Fortune 500 listed Group, resolving differences and, in turn, obtaining signed intercompany agreements.
- Support the strengthening of the control environment within UK Wholesale, which operates within the SOX control framework as part of the wider Group.
- Work with process owners to produce new or updated documentation of processes and controls.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly balance sheet reconciliations by obtaining supporting documentation, completing variance analysis and investigating aged and unfamiliar balances.
- You will demonstrate a genuine commitment to technical development through studying and exam progression in ACCA/ACA/CIMA. The successful candidate will receive full study support to complete their exams including paid study leave.
- The successful candidate could be fast tracked to the assessment stage of the Finance Development Programme for the next annual intake
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- 2.1 graduate and/or studying for a professional qualification (ACCA/CIMA/ACA)
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritise in a fast paced environment
- Advanced excel - a significant portion of the responsibilities of this role involve using excel
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Previous experience in a finance department is desirable
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 10 days, your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, please do continue to apply for jobs advertised by Walker Dendle.
Walker Dendle Limited acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Walker Dendle is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the terms available on our website.