The Transactional Accountant will play a pivotal role in developing consistent best practice for General Ledger (GL), Accounts Payable (AP) and Accounts receivable (AR) processing across the finance function. Transactional teams are based in London, Europe & the US. The role will initially focus on supporting the Supply chain finance team before widening the scope to other finance processes.
Processing AP and GL entries specific to the Supply chain function, the role will ensure all month end transactions and allocation of costs are accurate and complete
- Posting accruals and pre- payments
- Reclassing costs to correct cost centres
- Balance sheet reconciliations- accruals and prepayments
- Liaising with PO raisers and AP to ensure all spend is covered by PO and following up open PO’s
Establish standard ways of working for month end accruals utilising reporting from SAP
Maintain accurate masterdata (vendor and customer data)- support AP and AR in reviewing the existing process and implementing improvements
Support Group FC with the ongoing review of systems, controls and processes to ensure that the finance functions are fit for purpose in the short, mid, and long-term. This will involve working together with the Accounting projects and Systems accountants to test and implement changes to processing in SAP.
Ad hoc projects and tasks as requested
- Educated to degree level or higher, ideally in a Finance or Business related subject
- AAT qualified or part qualified with relevant experience (at least 5 years)
- ACCA part qualified with relevant experience (at least 5 years)
Skills and experience
- Significant previous GL, AP and AR accounting experience
- ERP experience, SAP experience is desirable
- Experience developing and implementing process improvements
- French and German language skills are highly beneficial
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 10 days, your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, please do continue to apply for jobs advertised by Walker Dendle.
Walker Dendle Limited acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Walker Dendle is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the terms available on our website.