A fabulous opportunity has arisen to work for a leading international hi-tech publisher in the shape of a 9 month maternity cover, reporting to the Director of UK Accounting, this role is a highly visible member of the Accounting Function expected to contribute to the overall success of and help in developing all areas of the Group Function.To be responsible for compliance accounting for up to 6 entities , including all tax and statutory compliance; managing deadlines and requirements associated with those. Ensuring that the all compliance is completed accurately and within the relevant legal requirements.
Your key objectives will be:
- Ensure all compliance deadlines are met
- Recommend and initiate improvements to current processes;
- Document and maintain all current tax and statutory processes
- Form excellent working relationships with external advisory parties
- Form excellent working relationships US Tax team
- Introduce 'best practices’ within the finance re tax / VAT
You will be a technically sound financial (general ledger) part or fully qualified accountant with:
- Good ERP systems and BI systems knowledge.
- Good working knowledge of VAT and corporation tax
- Good working knowledge of statutory requirements
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 10 days, your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, please do continue to apply for jobs advertised by Walker Dendle.
Walker Dendle Limited acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Walker Dendle is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the terms available on our website.